Ads 468x60px

Blogger Widgets

Mar 14, 2013

My Baby Girl - Part 3

By: J. Suzette Frick

    It's time to go back home to Paducah. I felt so comforted as professionals in the medical field touched base and assessed Allie's condition before releasing her from Vanderbilt. I was comforted that the ambulance would be taking good care of her transporting her from Vandy to Lourdes Hospital in Paducah, for rehabilitation.

    Allie got checked into Lourdes and one of the first things they did was roll a large scale into her room at Lourdes wanting to see how much Allie weighed. She got up on the scales and was so disappointed that even after losing an arm she had not lost any weight! I could not believe the humor coming out of her mouth at such an early stage in her traumatic event. From that day on she has made us laugh!
    The Tuesday night before Allie's accident on a Thursday, I was getting into bed. I had this enormous wave of positive emotions literally pouring over me. It almost took my breath; I had never experienced anything like it. It was almost like, never will there be any negative, only good things are coming my way. I was elated and slept wonderfully that night. I awoke and posted on Face Book, "it's going to be a fabulous week". Going forward, to my early couple of days at Lourdes, one day, before Thanksgiving, I open my computer while Allie is sleeping to check my emails, business updates and Face Book. As I reviewed all of the encouraging comments and concerns for Allie of Face Book, it dawned on me. This is why I felt the wave of positive energy before the accident.....this represented all of the outpouring of love from friends and family that I was receiving right now. God immediately unveiled to me in my mind....see Suzette....a lot of people do love and care for you and your family. It was unbelievable! God, will eventually reveal Himself and your desires in ways you could not imagine. The FB friends and family got me through each and every day. All I had to do was read and re-read wonderful encouraging and loving prayers and comments.

    Allie and I spent Thanksgiving at Lourdes. I ordered a Thanksgiving meal from Cracker Barrel. It was delicious! After eating, we both fell asleep after watching some of the parade on television. I never would have dreamed of spending Thanksgiving in hospital under these conditions; however, I felt safe, loved by many and so happy "My Baby Girl" was alive and had the spirit to move on with her precious life.

    Many friends and family poured in as she spent several days in rehabilitation. She received many gifts, visits and prayers. From the very beginning I always took care of my well-being, knowing that by me doing that I was going to be a better mother. My office is in Lone Oak, so I was able to visit before going to office and visit and eat lunch with Allie each day. I knew many friends and family would be there in the evening. The evenings were my times of relaxing and mediating on how our lives were going to change.

    It was so encouraging to have a wonderful staff at Lourdes to aide in Allie's adaptation to her new world. One of the most outstanding trainee, occupational students was Whitney Whitaker. Whitney immediately attached to Allie and was there by her side. Whitney had Allie to make a list of all of the obstacles she could think of that she was facing. They worked on each one.....one by one. Whitney would work on these challenges at home on her own free time! I was amazed. One of the first things Whitney created was a tool to help Allie button her blue jeans. Another was an apron with all kinds of gadgets attached to help Allie in the kitchen. One of my favorites was the gadgets she made to help Allie file, manicure and paint her nails. It was amazing how creative Whitney was. They worked diligently as a team.

The time spent at Lourdes was very encouraging and a gift from God!






3 comments:

  1. You all are very inspiring to me. Amazing how this has touched so many people. Thanks for sharing this with us. Cheryl Smith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheryl, this has been the most horrific experience a parent could go through. I know God has a plan; however, there is not a day that goes by that I don't cry. I never know when it is coming on. I am a Christian lady and know God has a plan. It is still incredibly hard to ever imagine this happening. I am grateful she is still here. I just wish I could put her arm back on..... She is such a sweet, smart, kind and wonderful girl and daughter. She has been my "sunshine" for many years. I am excited to see how God is going to use this experience in our lives. Thank you for being there for us. Suzette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much cheryl! Im glad we have an hope we can touch many an many more to come! I kno its really hard for mom to write about this and I am just glad she can connect with parents who are dealing in rough times. Im still working on Dad but I know its hard to relive it.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For Bloggers Free Backlinks

.........................................................

This blog is based upon my personal opinion and experiences. It is meant to be helpful by combining others experiences and successes with my own. The images and videos used I do not have permission to use, for some are not my own. Feel free to contact me if there is a issue and I will gladly remove it from the site. Lastly I am not responsible for any of the ads that may appear on the blog

Thank You.
Allie Frick
allie.blake.frick@gmail.com

 

Blog Archive

Followers