Ads 468x60px

Blogger Widgets

Mar 18, 2013

It's Okay To Laugh At Yourself


 "A cheerful heart is good medicine,
    but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.(NIV)"
 
Proverbs 17:22 

    What I have learned from this experience is that you can either live you life crying over your new life or learn to laugh at yourself. Being an amputee is definitely an adjustment and has definitely made me humble. Since my accident I have had several experiences where I wished I had it video taped! Or a helmet one would have been nice to ha! Your brain is just so used to having a limb that it is easy to act before you think.
    
    Last night while watching television the remote feel off the bed. I looked down and it wasn't where I could just lean down with my arm and get it, the remote was pretty far out. Well without thinking I jumped out with half my body leaning out off the bed and SUCCESS I got the remote! Once my hand picked up the remote my brain suddenly realized and said HELLO! You only have one arm and it was too late I had already picked up the remote! What are you going to do now genius? It was to late I came crashing hard into my dresser! I laid there curled up... in a upside down ball...a few tears came to my eye...then I just busted out laughing. I was mad that I have yet to install cameras in my room, due to the fact that it was not the first accident I have had that would be awesome to have on video! Good news was I got the remote! Bad news was I made another dent in my head I'm sure, it did hurt! lol. 
  
     I know how hard it can be getting used to this so called new life, it can be very frustrating where you just want to give up. I know some days it just straight up sucks! But you can't let this new normal take hold of you and control you or you will live a life of misery and anger. If you take control of the situation and make the best of it then you will find peace and joy more easily. Just like when things happen such as falling out of the bed imagine watching that on Americas' Funniest Home Videos'. And trust me you will find yourself cracking up at oneself. Because you know if you saw someone else do that you would crack up! So why change that because it's you? I say learn to live this life as a joyous conquest, an a adventure. We just get the privilege of enjoying both worlds, living life all our limbs and then as an amputee.
      


 

6 comments:

  1. I love you! And, yes, I laughed picturing when your brain "kicked in" at the time you picked up the remote. Then, I cried when you described your fall. Yet, I felt another emotion....amazement as you told about you laughing at yourself. We can't even begin to imagine your struggles & frustrations! No way! But, we do get to be blessed by your wonderful, brave and amazing spirit! Thank you, Allie! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha aww Thank You number 1 fan! :) love u too!

      Delete
  2. You amaze me allie, your spirit, your outlook, your positive attitude, all of it simply amazes me. Sometimes its still hard for me to believe that your an amputee but you let nothing hold you back. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl Im still Allie your best friend who still beat you in bowling with one arm! lol! Nothing has changed just got more jokes ;) Love you and thanks for all youve done for me!

      Delete
  3. I thought I heard a thump! MOM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yup you know just me crashing into somethin, and it was too late for it to be a workout incident ;)

      Delete

Blogger Tips And Tricks|Latest Tips For Bloggers Free Backlinks

.........................................................

This blog is based upon my personal opinion and experiences. It is meant to be helpful by combining others experiences and successes with my own. The images and videos used I do not have permission to use, for some are not my own. Feel free to contact me if there is a issue and I will gladly remove it from the site. Lastly I am not responsible for any of the ads that may appear on the blog

Thank You.
Allie Frick
allie.blake.frick@gmail.com

 

Blog Archive

Followers